Caney city councilors are scheduled to discuss various condemnation matters plus accept the resignation of a city councilor at the council’s monthly meeting on Monday, Nov. 21. The meeting, which is open to the public, will begin at 7 p.m., at the Caney City Hall.
Councilors are expected to vote whether to accept the resignation of ward 3 councilor Jason Moore, who has recently moved outside the Caney city limits. Moore is expected to resign at the conclusion of Monday’s meeting.
The city council also will hear reports on the status of condemnations on the following properties: 105 N. East, 507 N. Fawn, and trailers 1B and 9A at the mobile home court on South High Street.
The city council also will discuss:
• approval of the application form that will be used to permit items on sidewalks in the downtown business district,
• an amendment to zoning codes to allow residential living in the downtown business district (B-1) provided that a city business license and proof that a retail or commercial business in being operated in that property,
• annexation proposals from residents on East Third street,
• appointment of a police officer to replace assistant chief Steve Berry, who is retiring on Dec. 30, and
• authorize publication of year-end budget adjustments.